Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2026

Alex Warren (1) - Week of Jul 18, 2026

 



Hey guys! If you missed my post on Sunday and are wondering why my blog looks different, I decided to do a whole redesign of my blog. The redesign only applies to the desktop version. The mobile version is untouched. I'll probably overhaul the mobile version at some point as well.

*Edit: I have updated the mobile theme so it matches the desktop version. Please let me know if there's any issues with the mobile version.



Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown: 

  • Bruno Mars - I Just Might [#5] {26w} [9 weeks at #1]
  • Madonna/Sabrina Carpenter - Bring Your Love [#12] {10w} PK: 12
  • Jason Derulo - Sexy For Me [#27] {13w} PK: 22



Last week's #1 song: Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead [6 weeks at #1]

30. Alyssa Grace - bloodstream [Debut] {1w} PK: 30

29. Slayyyter - DANCE... [+1] {2w} PK: 29

28. Bella Kay - iloveitiloveitiloveit [-2] {17w} PK: 22

27. SIENNA SPIRO - Material Lover [Reentry] {2w} PK: 24

26. Ethan Burdick - Hold You [Debut] {1w} PK: 26

25. Malcolm Todd - Earrings [+4] {8w} PK: 23

24. The Beaches - Edge of the Earth [+4] {4w} PK: 21

23. RAYE/Hans Zimmer - Click Clack Symphony. [+1] {7w} PK: 23

22. Dominic Fike - Babydoll [-3] {17w} PK: 19

21. PinkPantheress/Zara Larsson - Stateside [-5] {23w} PK: 6

20. Myles Smith - Heaven [+1] {4w} PK: 20

19. Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour [+3] {3w} PK: 19

18. Benson Boone - The Time Of My Life [+7] {3w} PK: 18

17. Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [+3] {7w} PK: 16

16. sombr - My Body Isn't Ready [+7] {3w} PK: 16

15. Gracie Abrams - Hit the Wall [+3] {9w} PK: 14

14. Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [+3] {4w} PK: 14

13. STELLA LEFTY - Boston [+1] {12w} PK: 13 (1TW)

12. Niall Horan - Tastes So Good [+3] {6w} PK: 12

11. Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun [-1] {24w} PK: 6

10. OneRepublic - Need Your Love [+1] {14w} PK: 10

9. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [=] {8w} PK: 9

8. Tame Impala/JENNIE - Dracula (Remix) [=] {27w} PK: 4

7. Ella Langley - Choosin' Texas [=] {23w} PK: 6

6. Bruno Mars - Risk It All [+7] {19w} PK: 6

5. sombr - Homewrecker [+1] {23w} [5 weeks at #1]

4. Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [-1] {6w} PK: 3

3. Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All [-1] {10w} PK: 2

2. Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead [-1] {13w} [6 weeks at #1]

1. Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM [+3] {20w} [1 week at #1]



Debuts:

I'm sorry, but I still have no idea who this person is or why this song is becoming popular. We have some random California folk singer Alyssa Grace going viral for her song bloodstream. I have no idea how this is becoming viral, this song is garbage. But this song is garbage in a funny way, so I'm putting it in the decent category for now. The production is at least somewhat decent. It's just her voice is what I have issues with. Well, to put it frankly, her voice is terrible. It's so scraggly, and she's oversinging way too much. But her voice is honestly so bad it's kinda funny, so I'm not even mad about it. Let's just hope this song dies a quick death before this ends up becoming more annoying than it already is.

In better news, Material Lover has reentered. Nice to see this back, because this did not deserve to be a one weeker.

Hits 1 plant Ethan Burdick is back on the countdown with Hold You. At least this song has a beat, unlike the snoozefest I Get The Picture. Mikey Piff compared this to old Shawn Mendes. I could see that, with a little bit of Alex Warren sprinkled in. This song is really fun. It feels a bit on the generic side, but this could end up growing on me.



Countdown Extra: Alessi Rose - Dependent

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie between Benson Boone - The Time Of My Lifesombr - My Body Isn't Ready, and Bruno Mars - Risk It All [+7]

Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: PinkPantheress/Zara Larsson - Stateside [-5]

Last year's #1 song: Ed Sheeran - Azizam (1/1 week at #1)

Favorite song last year: AJR - Betty

Least favorite song last year: Jessie Murph - Blue Strips

Most missed song: Ace Hood/Future/Rick Ross - Bugatti (2013)

Recommendation for Hits 1: Sofi Tukker - Barthelona


5 Oldest Songs

  1. Tame Impala/JENNIE - Dracula (Remix) {27w}
  2. Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun {24w}
  3. Tie between sombr - Homewrecker, PinkPantheress/Zara Larsson - Stateside, and Ella Langley - Choosin' Texas {23w}
  4. Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM {20w}
  5. Bruno Mars - Risk It All {19w}


Hitbound

ROLE MODEL - Joy [2]

Gracie Abrams/Audrey Hobert - Minibar [Debut]

The Kid LAROI/Kehlani - GIRLS (Remix) [9; 2nd time]

flowerovlove - In My Victoria's Secret [Debut]

MEEK - Fabulous [Debut]

Akon - RINGTONE [6]

Bella Kay - i deserve better. [Debut]

Teddy Swims - Break Up In Reverse [2]

Don Toliver - E85 [5]

SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation [3]

Charli XCX - Wink Wink [4]

Knox - After The After Party [2]

Marshmello/Kelsea Ballerini - Another Drink [4]

Alessi Rose - Dependent [2]

Malcolm Todd - I Just Got Mad [2]

STELLA LEFTY - Good At Leaving [3]


Gracie Abrams just released her new album Daughter From Hell, and we have the next single from it Minibar, featuring uncredited background vocals from Audrey Hobert. This is probably the "best" song from Daughter From Hell. The production is pretty upbeat and Gracie sounds good. This is just pretty forgettable and pretty short, and I wish Audrey had more than just a few background vocals.

I guess Hits 1 is just stealing random Hits Of The Future plants now. British singer-songwriter MEEK makes her Hits 1 debut with Fabulous. This is pretty fun, and MEEK sounds good. I'm just not sold on the whole shouting "feeling f***ing fabulous" thing in the chorus.

Victoria was made up by a DUDE!!! Oh wait, wrong song. Longtime Hits 1 plant flowerovlove makes her sixth appearance on Hits 1 with In My Victoria's Secret. I will give it this, it's a lot better than Jax's Victoria's Secret, but that's not a very high bar to clear. This is pretty fun, but a bit on the generic girly pop side.

Bella Kay just released her debut album My Reckless Abandon, and we have what I guess is the next single i deserve better. I deserve better than having to be forced to listen to this crap. Seriously, I have no idea what I just listened to. Her voice is so scratchy, it's hard to listen to. The song itself is way too long and boring. Hopefully this song dies a quick, swift death.



Exits:

  • Tyla - IS IT LOVE [4]
  • Gracie Abrams - Look at My Life [3]

Look at My Life enters the abyss. IS IT LOVE was just alright.


2026 total dropouts: 116

Estimated total for 2026: 183 (-2)



Abyss

Gracie Abrams - Look at My Life [1] [New]

Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [2]

Audrey Hobert - Sue me [3]

Noah Kahan - Orbiter [3]

ROLE MODEL - High Hopes 3000 [4]

Alex Warren - PASSENGER [4]

Ella Langley - Be Her [7]


Purged:

  • LE SSERAFIM/ILLIT/KATSEYE - ICONIC BY MISTAKE [1]



Victoria was made up by a BLURB:

We lost I Just Might, Bring Your Love, and Sexy For Me. I Just Might had an incredible countdown run, and is currently the biggest song on Hits 1 of the 2020s. I wonder if another song will eventually overtake it, surely. Bring Your Love was getting kinda old so it needed to leave. RIP to Sexy For Me. It lasted a lot longer than I expected, but I wish it could have at least peaked higher than the bottom 8 spots.

DANCE was the 6th most played song this week, yet it only jumped one spot. I would have liked for it to jump more. 

I am not too thrilled that The Time Of My Life jumped 7 spots.

Dracula just refuses to leave. It debuted the same week as I Just Might. I wonder if it can join the 30 week club, I hope so.

Risk It All jumped into almost the top 5. I wouldn't mind it it hit #1, at least it's not as annoying as I Just Might.

RIP, it looks like Mr. Know It All will end up getting blocked from #1. Just as it was starting to grow on me. Oh well.

Thankfully, it looks like I Knew It, I Knew You won't go #1. I still have no idea how this is in the top 5.

After 20 weeks, FEVER DREAM has finally reached #1. It's about damn time. It took even longer to go #1 than Ordinary, which took 19 weeks to reach #1. drop dead spent way too long from #1, and FEVER DREAM is a great song, so I will gladly take this at #1.

That's all for now, see you all next week!


Last week's poll of the week results:

Best Top 5 Song This Week In 2010?

  1. Kesha - Your Love is My Drug: 38.89 % (7 votes)
  2. Katy Perry/Snoop Dogg - California Gurls: 22.22 % (4 votes)
  3. B.o.B./Hayley Williams - Airplanes: 16.67 % (3 votes)
  4. Taio Cruz/Ludacris - Break Your Heart: 16.67 % (3 votes)
  5. A Rocket to the Moon - Like We Used To: 5.56 % (1 vote)


Poll of the week:


23 comments:

  1. I think bloodstream was from Off Campus like Girls and Sue me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan, what do you think of the songs American Wedding by Isabel LaRosa and 2SIDED by Arlo Parks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. American Wedding and 2SIDED were both pretty boring.

      Delete
  3. I have updated the mobile theme so it matches the desktop version. Please let me know if there's any issues with the mobile version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the design looks great!

      Delete
    2. The bottom with the “home” button is a bit clunky on mobile but that’s the only thing and it’s not a huge issue

      Delete
    3. I have fixed the bug where the "home" button was cut off. I have also added a "random post" button!

      Delete
  4. Homewrecker with 144,546 points has passed:

    Post Malone - Circles (144,496 points)
    Katy Perry - Firework (144,465 points)
    The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (144,238 points)
    Lady Gaga - Abracadabra (144,202 points)
    Twenty One Pilots - Ride (144,117 points)
    The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down (144,039 points)
    B.o.B/Hayley Williams - Airplanes (143,895 points)
    Nicky Youre - Sunroof (143,277 points)
    Gym Class Heroes/Adam Levine - Stereo Hearts (143,268 points)
    Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (142,469 points)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, despite having over 140k points, it surpassed so many songs

      Delete
    2. Wait, I didn’t see Stereo Hearts there. It’s sad to see Homewrecker which is old surpass my favorite 2011 song

      Delete
  5. drop dead with 84,836 points has passed:

    MAGIC! - Rude (84,750 points)
    Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks (84,328 points)
    Lizzo - Good as Hell (84,227 points)
    Charlie Puth - Light Switch (83,867 points)
    Kesha - Blow (83,148 points)
    Ava Max - Kings & Queens (82,870 points)
    Calvin Harris/Rihanna - This Is What You Came For (82,612 points)
    Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (82,482 points)
    Justin Bieber - Sorry (82,468 points)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FEVER DREAM with 78,551 points has passed:

    Icona Pop/Charli XCX - I Love It (78,509 points)
    Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (78,216 points)
    Gracie Abrams - I Love You, I'm Sorry (77,988 points)
    Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (77,491 points)
    Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (77,488 points)
    Chappell Roan - HOT TO GO! (77,404 points)
    Ariana Grande - Into You (77,158 points)
    Nicki Minaj - Starships (76,445 points)
    Taylor Swift - Karma (75,945 points)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m very glad my favorite song right now surpassed my least favorite song of 2024

      Delete
  7. Dracula with 79,674 points has passed:

    One Direction - Night Changes (79,662 points)
    P!nk - Just Like Fire (79,487 points)
    Julia Michaels - Issues (79,438 points)
    Ellie Goulding - Lights (79,239 points)
    Lil Nas X - MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) (79,098 points)
    Dua Lipa - We're Good (79,085 points)
    Jonas Brothers - Cool (79,025 points)
    Adele - Easy On Me (78,944 points)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s surprising that Dracula is a bigger song than Lights right now but both songs suck

      Delete
  8. Midnight Sun with 69,258 points has passed:

    Katy Perry - Part Of Me (69,170 points)
    Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (68,895 points)
    Tai Verdes - A-O-K (68,305 points)
    SZA - Kill Bill (68,235 points)
    benny blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (68,126 points)
    Machine Gun Kelly/Camila Cabello - Bad Things (67,925 points)
    The Weeknd/Daft Punk - Starboy (67,641 points)
    Nicki Minaj - Super Bass (67,538 points)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Choosin' Texas with 66,023 points has passed:

    Post Malone - Chemical (65,933 points)
    Zedd/Hayley Williams - Stay The Night (65,424 points)
    Glass Animals - Heat Waves (64,766 points)
    The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (64,030 points)
    Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side (63,623 points)
    Lil Nas X/Jack Harlow - INDUSTRY BABY (63,441 points)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ngl, they’re all great songs, well, except for the Lil Nas X one

      Delete
  10. You like Bugatti wtf?

    Also, the Bella Kay song is the only good HitBound debut this week. I do respect your opinion tho

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ethan, I wanted to let you know HOTF is all ready to air in 20 minutes. I'd like to have you listen, if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete