Thursday, May 25, 2023

Re-Doing My Top 10 Worst Songs of 2022

  

Hey guys, what's up? It's been 6 months since I made my worst list for 2022, and a lot of my opinions of songs from that year have changed, so I thought I would go back and update my worst list. If you want to go back and see my old worst list, you can read that here: https://zestpond.blogspot.com/2022/11/my-top-10-worst-songs-of-2022.html.
So without further ado, let's get started with the songs that I took off the worst list.


Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (was #10)

 This song was super annoying 6 months ago, but listening to it for the first time since then it's actually a decent song. The production is pretty good and while Lauren is oversinging in some parts, she sounds alright.


Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (was #8) 

This spent over 7 months on the countdown and got super annoying. Hearing it again after a while it's not that bad.



Halsey - So Good (was #5)

Ah yes, the So Boring song. This is boring but it's not that bad.



Joji - Glimpse Of Us ⛪ (was #4)


The song that started the church hymn emoji ⛪. His other song Die For You really grew on me and so did this song.

Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (was #1)


Everybody wants to be my enemeeeeeee. What is this, is the song that I'm famous for hating finally growing on me? This would play on Hits 1 every 5 minutes and it really pissed me off, so much so that I made it my least favorite song of 2022. Now that 6 months have passed and I hear it less frequently, it's actually starting to grow on me again. This song isn't great, but it's not completely vomit inducing either. Maybe I should stop listening to the radio so much.

Alright, with the dropouts out of the way, let's get started with the top, or I guess bottom, 10.


#10: Jack Harlow - First Class
Previous rank: N/A

I really hated this when it came out, but wasn't quite bad enough to make my original list. And then hearing it again a year later I remember why it was so bad. The production is super boring and non-existent. And Jack Harlow sounds terrible. He's doing this weird talking rap throughout the whole song and it sounds awful. Terrible song that should have made my original worst list.


#9: Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - TO THE MOON

Previous rank: Dishonorable Mention #1

Whoever thought it was a good idea to bring drill music to pop radio should be fired immediately. This song sucks in so many ways. The production is super annoying. And Jnr Choi sounds terrible. He sounds like he's spitting into the mic. And he really needed to charge his phone before he screenshotted that album cover.


#8: Adele - Oh My God

Previous Rank: Dishonorable Mention #4

C'mon Adele, you used to be amazing, why'd you have to sellout and make this garbage 30 album? I hated Easy On Me, that was on my worst list for 2021, and Oh My God is just as bad. This song is just so damn annoying. There's these random whistling sound effects throughout the song that get super annoying. And Adele sounds like crap, her voice is terrible.


#7: Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All)

Previous Rank: #7

This song holds at #7 from the original list. My opinion on this song hasn't changed a whole lot. This is a super weird and boring song and Omar Apollo's voice is terrible.


#6: Amelia Moore - i feel everything
Previous Rank: #6 

This song sucked a year ago, and it still sucks to this day. The production sucks, and the weird robotic vocal effects on Amelia's voice suck.


#5: Rihanna - Lift Me Up
Previous Rank: #9

 
More like Bore Me Up. Rihanna's big comeback song was very disappointing to say the least. This song was just super boring. The production is non-existent and Rihanna's voice is terrible.


#4: Emmy Meli - I AM WOMAN

Previous Rank: Dishonorable Mention #2

Good riddance this may be one of the most annoying songs I have ever hear in my life. The production is really annoying and sucks, and Emmy's weird high pitched voice is terrible.


#3: Imagine Dragons - Bones
Previous rank: N/A

Out with one ID song, in with another. With Enemy growing on me, Bones has done the opposite and really faded on me. This song is just so annoying. The production is terrible, but the worst part of the song is Dan Reynolds' stupid falsetto and weird vocal effects he uses on his voice. Garbage song that should have been on the original worst list instead of Enemy.


#2: Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie
Previous rank: #2

Ah yes, Annoyingest Pie. This song is still garbage a year later and holds at #2. I could not escape this song, it seemed to play every 5 minutes. The trap beat sucks and is super annoying, and Megan's and Dua voices are so bad.


and the #1 worst song of 2022 is...

....


....


#1: Labrinth/Zendaya - I'm Tired
Previous rank: #3

And the #1 worst song of 2022 is Labrinth and Zendaya with I'm Tired. I debated putting this at #1 originally, but ultimately went with Enemy instead. But now a year later this song still sucks. This song sucks in so many ways. Firstly the production is super boring and nonexistent. Then there's Labrinth. His voice is terrible. He does not need to be singing at all. This song would have been 1000x better if it was just Zendaya singing. But nope he had to use his stupid garbage singing voice. He sucks. There's some parts he's trying to sing higher than he actually can and he's literally shrieking. The only saving grace of this song is Zendaya. Her voice is amazing, why couldn't she have sung the whole song instead? But nope, we only get her for like 5 seconds at the end. I hope Labrinth never makes any music ever again. Oh wait, he recently released a new song with Billie Eilish that's even worse than this? I'm gonna have fun tearing apart that song on the 2023 worst list.



Thanks so much for reading, see you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chappell Roan (2) - Week of Sep 28, 2024

  Hey guys, what's up? This was a pretty good week since we had a lot of movement and we got rid of some very old songs. Also, this week...