Wednesday, December 7, 2022

My Top 10 Best Songs of 2022

 2022 may not have been the best year for music, but there still was some really great music this year. I'm going to be taking a look at my top 10 favorite songs of 2022. Before we get to the top 10, let's look at some honorable mentions.

Honorable Mention #1:

Don't You Worry - Black Eyed Peas/David Guetta/Shakira


This song was so cool, it sounds like it came straight out of 2010. When this song came out I thought it was gonna be my #1 for the year, but it's since faded on me a bit, but I still do love it.

Honorable Mention #2:

I Ain't Worried - OneRepublic


This song was super fun and catchy, but it faded on me a bit.


Honorable Mention #3:

I’m Good (Blue) - David Guetta/Bebe Rexha


An amazing sample of the 1998 original Blue from Eiffel 65.

Honorable Mention #4:

The Motto - Tiësto/Ava Max

This song was super dark and I loved it.

Honorable Mention #5:
Sex, Drugs, Etc. - Beach Weather

This song was released in 2016 but didn't get popular til 2022. This is a super cool and catchy alt song.


Alright, with the honorable mentions out of the way, let's start at #10.


#10: When I'm Gone - Alesso/Katy Perry

Katy Perry's big comeback hit after the failure of Daisies in 2020. I'm a huge Katy Perry stan, and this song does not disappoint. The production from Alesso is phenomenal. He randomly pitches down Katy's voice throughout the song which is really cool. And Katy sounds amazing as always.

#9: Sunroof - Nicky Youre

This was the perfect summer song for 2022. The production is super fun and catchy and has perfect summer vibes. And I really like Nicky's unique voice.

#8: Stay With Me - Calvin Harris/Justin Timberlake/Halsey/Pharrell

It's kinda funny, Halsey is on both my best and worst list this year. This song was such a bop. I really like the funky production and it's super catchy. And Justin Timberlake, Halsey, and Pharrell all sound great. I really wish this song could have became a hit.


#7: Chosen - Blxst/Tyga/Ty Dolla $ign

I'm not one to usually like rap, but oh my this was amazing. This was released in 2020 but didn't get popular until 2022. The production was insanely fun and catchy, and everyone sounds great.

#6: World’s Smallest Violin - AJR

Another banger from AJR, you either love them or hate them, and I love them. This was released in 2021 but didn't get popular til a year later. The production is super fun and catchy. I love all the different instruments they used, violins, trumpets, xylophones, and electric guitars. I really love the ending when it starts off slow then slowly builds faster and faster until it finally reaches the climax.

#5: Jiggle Jiggle - Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux

This song was incredibly stupid...and I love it for that. This is easily the shortest song Hits 1 has ever played, at just a little over a minute and a half. Apparently Louis Theroux is a British journalist who did a freestyle, then Duke & Jones autotuned it and put a beat on it. This song shouldn't work, but it somehow does. This song is just too stupid to hate. Who needs deep meaningful lyrics when you can just laugh your way through the song.


#4: Edging - blink-182

blink-182's big comeback song after not making any for 2 years. This is the ultimate punk rock anthem and reminds me a lot of their songs in the 90s and 00s. The production from Travis Barker is incredible, and singers Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge do an amazing job as always.

#3: I'm Not Dead Yet - Mike Posner

I'm a huge Mike Posner stan. I loved Cooler Than Me and Please Don't Go in 2010, and I Took A Pill In Ibiza in 2016, and I was excited he released a new song this year, and it did not disappoint. The production is super cool and I love Mike Posner's unique voice.

#2: C’est La Vie - Yung Gravy/Rich Brian/bbno$

This song is just so inappropriate...and I love it! I loved edamame last year, and this is basically that part 2, except with Yung Gravy added. This was just so fun and catchy, and everyone sounds great. I've listened to this song hundreds of times and I'm still not tired of it. I really wished this song could have become a hit, but I know it never would have because the lyrics are very inappropriate. 

And my #1 song of 2022 is...
...
...
Drumroll please
...
...



#1: Celestial - Ed Sheeran

Well this may come as a shock to some people, because I've never really talked about this song. But it's really grown on me recently, and I can't stop listening to it. I didn't know Ed could make EDM, but apparently he needs to make more, because this song is such a banger. The production evolves nicely throughout the song and the drop is incredible. And Ed sounds great as always. I really wished this could have become a hit, and Ed needs to keep making more music like this.


Well, I guess that does it for now. Stay turned for my Hits 1 a year in review post sometime in Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sabrina Carpenter (1) - Week of Sep 14, 2024

Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:  Paul Russell/Meghan Trainor - Slippin&...