Hey guys! If you haven't already seen my Hits 1 top 30 songs of summer 2026 post, you can check it out here https://zestpond.blogspot.com/2026/09/top-30-biggest-summer-songs-of-2026.html
Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:
- Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead [#11] {22w} [6 weeks at #1]
- Niall Horan - Tastes So Good [#13] {15w} PK: 8
- SIENNA SPIRO - Material Lover [#15; 2nd time] {11w} PK: 14
- Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM [#16] {29w} [5 weeks at #1]
- Alyssa Grace - bloodstream [#28; 2nd time] {7w} PK: 24
Last week's #1 song: Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [1 week at #1]
30. Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [Debut] {1w} PK: 30
29. SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation [Debut] {1w} PK: 29
28. Steve Lacy - oh yeah? [+2] {5w} PK: 27
27. RAYE/Amma/Absolutely - Joy. (Hits 1 Exclusive 3 Min Edit) [Debut] {1w} PK: 27
26. ADÉLA - Ain't In LA [+3] {3w} PK: 26
25. Temper City - Self Aware [+1] {3w} PK: 25
24. ROSÉ - new trick [Debut] {1w} PK: 24
23. Malcolm Todd - Earrings [+1] {18w} PK: 19
22. Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES [Debut] {1w} PK: 22
21. Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [+6] {3w} PK: 21
20. Dominic Fike - Babydoll [=] {27w} PK: 17
19. Morgan Wallen - Been By Now [+6] {8w} PK: 19
18. Ariana Grande - petal [+5] {8w} PK: 18
17. Tame Impala - Loser [+5] {7w} PK: 17
16. Gracie Abrams/Audrey Hobert - Minibar [+5] {4w} PK: 16
15. KAROL G/Bruno Mars - Still [+2] {7w} PK: 15
14. Jonas Brothers - Listen When Sad [+4] {4w} PK: 14
13. The Beaches - Edge of the Earth [+1] {12w} PK: 13
12. Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [-2] {14w} PK: 10
11. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [-7] {18w} [2 weeks at #1]
10. KATSEYE - Animal [-1] {9w} PK: 7
9. Gracie Abrams - Hit the Wall [+3] {19w} PK: 9
8. STELLA LEFTY - Boston [=] {22w} PK: 7
7. Alex Warren - PASSENGER [=] {8w} PK: 7
6. Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour [-3] {13w} PK: 3
5. sombr - My Body Isn't Ready [=] {13w} PK: 3
4. Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [+2] {17w} PK: 4
3. Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All [-1] {20w} [2 weeks at #1]
2. Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [+17] {8w} PK: 2
1. Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [=] {16w} [2 weeks at #1]
Debuts:
5 debuts this week. First up is the return of Slayyyter with brand new chanel$. This has grown on me a lot since it first debuted hitbound several months ago. The electropop production is super catchy and Slayyyter sounds great as always. Let's see if this ends up doing as well as or even better than DANCE.
Oh joy, more SIENNA MIDRO. I was hoping Great Expectation would just continue to rot in the abyss forever, but I guess it had to debut eventually. This song is mid as hell. It's super boring and SIENNA doesn't sound that great here. But at least it's more upbeat than her usual stuff.
ROSÉ is back on the countdown after a year's absence with new trick. This song is solid. It has some cool K-rock production, and ROSÉ sounds great as always. This song hasn't quite clicked with me yet, but I'm sure this will end up growing on me.
It's about damn time EMERALD EYES debuted. It had 66 spins last week, but didn't debut for some reason. This is yet another solid Alex Warren song. This song is pretty fun and Alex sounds great. But this feels a bit on the forgettable side, but this could end up growing on me.
Saving the best debut for last. RAYE teams up with her sisters Amma and Absolutely on the Hits 1 exclusive radio edit of Joy. The radio edit of this song is so stupid. It cuts out 2 minutes of the song. And it's so awkward. It literally cuts her out mid word on the first cut. It's a shame. This is such an amazing song, and Hits 1 has to ruin it with their radio edit. I'm still putting it at purple even if I don't like this radio edit, because it's still an incredible song, even with this weird radio edit.
Countdown Extra: Teddy Swims - Perfect Man
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [+17]
Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [-7]
Last year's #1 song: sombr - undressed (7/8 weeks at #1)
Favorite song last year: Laufey - Lover Girl
Least favorite song last year: Lewis Capaldi - Something In The Heavens
Most missed song: Fitz and The Tantrums - Breakin' The Chains Of Love (2010)
Recommendation for Hits 1: Travis Scott - RHYNO
5 Oldest Songs
- Dominic Fike - Babydoll {27w}
- STELLA LEFTY - Boston {22w}
- Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All {20w}
- Gracie Abrams - Hit the Wall {19w}
- Tie between Malcolm Todd - Earrings and Olivia Rodrigo - the cure {18w}
Hitbound
Teddy Swims - Perfect Man [2]
Taylor Swift - Patient Zero [Debut]
ADÉLA - Nicole Kidman [4]
Hailey Picardi - losing u [Debut]
JYT - I Wanted You [Debut]
Marshmello/Kelsea Ballerini - Another Drink [5] [Reentry]
Alya - Lemonade [Debut]
Ashe - Stop The Wedding! [5]
Freya Skye - bad taste [2]
Malcolm Todd - Obsessica [Debut]
Jamie Miller - Babydoll [4]
Monic/GONE ASTRAY - Meant To Be [4]
Knox - Better Than Me [2]
Miley Cyrus - Let's Get Married [2]
LISA - SaWaDiKa [4]
Ax and the Hatchetmen - Hotel Room [Debut]
Oh goodie, we have a deluxe version of The Life of a Showgirl, because the album wasn't overrated enough. Taylor is here with a brand new single Patient Zero. I don't know how to feel about this song yet. This feels extremely underwhelming. But at least it's better than I Knew It, I Knew You.
The JYT people are back with I Wanted You. This is solid, everyone sounds good, but this is bit forgettable. Not nearly as good as What U Want.
Another Drink reentered after dropping out back in July. This is a great song, but why? Is this starting to trend again?
Malcolm Todd is back after the disappointment that was I Just Got "Mid". Obsessica is less mid than that song, but isn't nearly as great as Earrings. This song is somehow even weirder than Earrings.
Oh goodie, time to get to the three "who's" who debuted this week. First up is Hailey Picardi with losing u. Wow, this song is complete and utter garbage. Her voice is so bad. Her voice is somehow even worse than Alyssa Grace's. And the production is super boring and non-existent. Let's hope this dies very quickly.
Luckily the two other "who's" were much better. We have the first ever Emirati artist making their way to Hits 1. Alya makes her debut with Lemonade. This song kind of slaps. It reminds me a lot of Ice Cream by BLACKPINK. I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on this song yet, but I have a feeling this might grow on me.
Lastly, we have the "best" of the three "who's". Indie rock band Ax and the Hatchetmen make their debut with a song that released last year, but recently starting trending on TikTok with Hotel Room. This song is pretty fun, and the Axel guy who's singing sounds good, but this seems a bit on the forgettable indie side.
Exits:
- Dove Cameron - When In Rome [2]
- KATSEYE - Hootie Frutti [6]
- Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy [4]
- Lilyisthatyou - NOSTALGIA BABY [4]
- STELLA LEFTY - Summer You Were Mine [5]
I'm really sad to see serena joy go, it was one of Olivia's best songs. When In Rome ended up growing on me. Hootie Frutti was fun but it was kinda annoying. And NOSTALGIA BABY and Summer You Were Mine were extremely mid.
2026 total dropouts: 143
Estimated total for 2026: 177 (-3)
Abyss
Tove Lo - source of life [NEW]
MEEK - Fabulous [5]
Akon - RINGTONE [7]
DJ Goja/Jason Derulo/Melody - Mi Chico [8]
Only 4 abyss songs? This might be a record low.
Blurbsessica:
We lost drop dead, Tastes So Good, Material Lover for a second time, FEVER DREAM, and bloodstream for a second time. I'm not sure what the point of bring back bloodstream was, if it was just gonna rot in the bottom 5 and leave 3 weeks later. drop dead and Tastes So Good were mid as hell, and stuck around way too long. Material Lover was probably SIENNA's "best" song. And FEVER DREAM had a great countdown run, but it was extremely old and really needed to leave.
Is oh yeah going to do anything at all?
How is Babydoll of all songs now the oldest song on the countdown? And how has it lasted almost 30 weeks?
So much for House Tour's chances of going #1.
hate that i made you love me did not need to jump back up to #4.
I Knew It, I Knew You has stayed #1 for a second week. stupid song had a massive 17 spot jump to #2, so I'm assuming that's our next #1 song. They're both extremely mid, but I guess stupid song is the less mid of the 2. So I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if stupid song overtook I Knew It, I Knew You from #1.
That's all for now, see you all next week!
This week's countdown and hitbound audio recordings:
Last week's poll of the week results:
Best Random EDM Song That's In The Abyss?
- Zedd/Foxes - Clarity: 28.57 % (4 votes)
- The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down: 21.43 % (3 votes)
- Zedd/Selena Gomez - I Want You To Know: 14.29 % (2 votes)
- Zedd/Hayley Williams - Stay The Night: 14.29 % (2 votes)
- The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This: 7.14 % (1 vote)
- Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay: 7.14 % (1 vote)
- The Chainsmokers/Rozes - Roses: 7.14 % (1 vote)
Poll of the week:
No comments:
Post a Comment