Hey guys! Well, we have yet another Taylor Swift song that has gone #1 without a single spin outside the countdown, which I will get into later.
Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:
- Gracie Abrams - Hit the Wall [#9] {19w} PK: 9
- Morgan Wallen - Been By Now [#19] {8w} PK: 19
- Temper City - Self Aware [#25] {3w} PK: 25
- Steve Lacy - oh yeah? [#28] {5w} PK: 27
Last week's #1 song: Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [2 weeks at #1]
30. ADÉLA - Nicole Kidman [Debut] {1w} PK: 30
29. Ashe - Stop The Wedding! [Debut] {1w} PK: 29
28. KATSEYE - Hootie Frutti [Debut] {1w} PK: 28
27. SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation [+2] {2w} PK: 27
26. RAYE/Amma/Absolutely - Joy. [+1] {2w} PK: 26
25. Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [+5] {2w} PK: 25
24. ROSÉ - new trick [=] {2w} PK: 24
23. Malcolm Todd - Earrings [=] {19w} PK: 19
22. Taylor Swift - Patient Zero [Debut] {1w} PK: 22
21. KAROL G/Bruno Mars - Still [-6] {8w} PK: 15
20. ADÉLA - Ain't In LA [+6] {4w} PK: 20
19. Dominic Fike - Babydoll [+1] {28w} PK: 17
18. Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES [+4] {2w} PK: 18
17. The Beaches - Edge of the Earth [-4] {13w} PK: 13
16. Ariana Grande - petal [+2] {9w} PK: 16
15. Tame Impala - Loser [+2] {8w} PK: 15
14. Gracie Abrams/Audrey Hobert - Minibar [+2] {5w} PK: 14
13. Jonas Brothers - Listen When Sad [+1] {5w} PK: 13
12. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [-1] {19w} [2 weeks at #1]
11. Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [+1] {15w} PK: 10
10. Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [+11] {4w} PK: 10
9. STELLA LEFTY - Boston [-1] {23w} PK: 7
8. Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour [-2] {14w} PK: 3
7. Alex Warren - PASSENGER [=] {9w} PK: 7
6. Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [-2] {18w} PK: 4
5. sombr - My Body Isn't Ready [=] {14w} PK: 3
4. KATSEYE - Animal [+6] {10w} PK: 4
3. Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All [=] {21w} [2 weeks at #1]
2. Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [=] {9w} PK: 2
1. Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [=] {17w} [3 weeks at #1]
Debuts:
ADÉLA brings her second song on the countdown with Nicole Kidman. Just like with Ain't In LA, this song is just alright. I think I like this slightly better than Ain't In LA.
Ashe makes her first appearance on the countdown in over 5 years since Till Forever Falls Apart with FINNEAS back in 2021. Stop The Wedding is a great song. It has really interesting baroque pop production, and Ashe sounds great as per usual. Hopefully this can do well.
I thought this next song would stay dead, but I guess not. KATSEYE bring their second song on the countdown with Hootie Frutti. I'm really surprised Hits 1 let this debut the countdown. I know a lot of people hate this song, but I don't mind this song. This song kind of slaps. But this song is kinda annoying, and I can see it getting even more annoying. I highly doubt this long will last more than a few weeks.
Lastly we have Taylor Swift's new single Patient Zero. This is solid. It's grown on me a bit since it debuted hitbound last week. It's not an amazing song, but it's at least better than I Knew It, I Knew You. But I already know this song is going to be #1 for a million weeks, so I'm already prepared for that.
Countdown Extra: Taylor Swift - Cleveland! (??????)
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades [+11]
Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: KAROL G/Bruno Mars - Still [-6]
Last year's #1 song: sombr - undressed (8/8 weeks at #1)
Favorite song last year: 5 Seconds of Summer - NOT OK
Least favorite song last year: Lewis Capaldi - Something In The Heavens
Most missed song: Becky Hill/David Guetta - Remember (2022)
Recommendation for Hits 1: Hilary Duff - CATastrophe
5 Oldest Songs
- Dominic Fike - Babydoll {28w}
- STELLA LEFTY - Boston {23w}
- Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All {21w}
- Tie between Malcolm Todd - Earrings and Olivia Rodrigo - the cure {19w}
- Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me {18w}
Hitbound
Freya Skye - bad taste [3]
Knox - Sad Song [Debut]
Marshmello/Kelsea Ballerini - Another Drink [6; 2nd time]
Holly Humberstone - Too Cute To Be Lonely [Debut]
Bruno Mars - Dance With Me [Debut]
Ax and the Hatchetmen - Hotel Room [2]
Monic/GONE ASTRAY - Meant To Be [5]
Lil Nas X - World's Greatest! [Debut]
Hailey Picardi - losing u [2]
LISA - SaWaDiKa [5]
JYT - I Wanted You [2]
Malcolm Todd - Obsessica [2]
Miley Cyrus - Let's Get Married [3]
Jamie Miller - Babydoll [5]
Alya - Lemonade [2]
Teddy Swims - Perfect Man [3]
Knox has just released his new album My Midwest Best, and we have the next single from it Sad Song. Unlike what the title suggests, this isn't a sad song. But this is pretty forgettable. This song is still solid, but there's several other songs I would have liked to become singles instead, like Gone Missing or Mixed Feelings.
We have more Holly Humberstone, because Hits 1 is still trying to make her a thing. Too Cute To Be Lonely is solid. This has some upbeat synthpop production and Holly sounds good, but this is way too forgettable. I don't think she'll ever make a song as great as To Love Somebody.
We have an eight month old Bruno Mars song finally being pushed as a single. I like Dance With Me more than Risk It All, but not as great as I Just Might. This is a ballad on the slower side, but it's still a nice ballad, and Bruno sounds good here as per usual.
Oh yeah, I forgot Lil Nas X was a person who existed. I thought he got arrested or something? I don't remember. Luckily, World's Greatest is so much better than whatever J CHRIST was from 2024. This song is really fun. It kind of gives me Hey Ya by Outkast vibes. But this song is probably gonna end up being the world's greatest flop.
Exits:
- Knox - Better Than Me [2]
Better Than Me was just ok.
2026 total dropouts: 143
Estimated total for 2026: 173 (-4)
Abyss
Dua Lipa - Training Season [NEW/REENTRY?]
Taylor Swift - Cleveland! [NEW]
Taylor Swift - Babylon [NEW]
Taylor Swift - Pink Clouding [NEW]
Harry Styles - Dance No More [NEW]
Pitbull/Jason Derulo - Privacy [NEW]
Tove Lo - source of life [2]
MEEK - Fabulous [6]
DJ Goja/Jason Derulo/Melody - Mi Chico [9]
Purged:
- Akon - RINGTONE [7]
World's Greatest Blurbs!:
We lost Hit the Wall, Been By Now, Self Aware, and oh yeah. Hit the Wall stuck around way too long. Been By Now was ok. Self Aware was great, but it was starting to fade on me. And oh yeah was super mediocre and I'm glad it flopped.
Cleveland was the countdown extra despite never appearing in hitbound. I think the last time something like this happened was in 2020, when Jimmy Fallon's Idiot Boyfriend & Don’t Stand So Close To Me were the countdown extras, and I think that was also the only time there were 2 countdown extras in one week.
Nice to see Bass Persuades finally start to do something, and have a big jump into the top 10.
Surprised to see Animal all the way up at #4, but I'll gladly take it.
Well, I Knew It, I Knew You was #1 this week without having a single spin outside the countdown. And of course it's Taylor Swift, because she pulled the exact same thing last year, when The Fate of Ophelia spent 2 weeks at #1 in a row without having any spins outside the countdown. This really needs to leave #1 soon, because we don't need songs at #1 with no airplay.
That's all for now, see you all next week!
This week's countdown and hitbound audio recordings:
Last week's poll of the week results:
Best Countdown Debut?
- RAYE - Joy.: 35.71 % (5 votes)
- Slayyyter - brand new chanel$: 28.57 % (4 votes)
- Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES: 21.43 % (3 votes)
- ROSÉ - new trick: 14.29 % (2 votes)
Poll of the week:
No comments:
Post a Comment