Saturday, January 21, 2023

Taylor Swift (10) - Week Of Jan 21, 2023



Hey guys, what's up? We had a pretty good week. We lost some really old and bad songs and got some great debuts.

Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:

OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#24) (24 weeks) [peak: 2]

Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#21) (32 weeks) [peak: 4]

K. Flay - It's Been So Long (#28) (6 weeks) [peak: 27]

Selena Gomez - My Mind & Me (#20) (10 weeks) [peak: 20]

Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#19) (22 weeks) [peak: 14]


Last week's #1: Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (9 weeks at #1)

30: Coi Leray - Players (DJ Smallz 732 Jersey Club Remix) (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 30]

29: Joji - Die For You (+1) (2 weeks) [peak: 29]

28: Sam Smith/Koffee/Jessie Reyez - Gimme (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 28]

27: Mimi Webb - Red Flags (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 27]

26: SZA - Kill Bill (+3) (2 weeks) [peak: 26]

25: Miley Cyrus - Flowers (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 25]

24: RAYE/070 Shake - ESCAPISM. (+3) (2 weeks) [peak: 24]

23: AJR - World’s Smallest Violin (-11) (21 weeks) [peak: 7]

22: REMA/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (Remix) (+3) (20 weeks) [peak: 22]

21: Rosa Linn - SNAP (-8) (17 weeks) [peak: 9]

20: Beyoncé - CUFF IT (-3) (14 weeks) [peak: 15]

19: Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (+7) (7 weeks) [peak: 19]

18: Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (-3) (5 weeks) [peak: 15]

17: Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc. (+5) (9 weeks) [peak: 17]

16: SZA - Nobody Gets Me (+7) (5 weeks) [peak: 16]

15: Avril Lavigne/Yungblud - I'm A Mess (+3) (11 weeks) [peak: 14]

14: The Weeknd - Die For You (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 14]

13: Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (+3) {6 weeks} [peak: 11]

12: JVKE - golden hour (-3) (18 weeks) [peak: 8]

11: Tate McRae - uh oh (=) (13 weeks) [peak: 11]

10: Jax - Victoria's Secret (-3) (24 weeks) [peak: 2]

9: Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (-3) (16 weeks) [peak: 1 (1 week)]

8: Nicky Youre - Eyes On You (+6) (9 weeks) [peak: 8]

7: Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby (+1) (18 weeks) [peak: 4]

6: charlieonnafriday - Enough (+4) (13 weeks) [peak: 6]

5: Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (-2) (12 weeks) [peak: 3]

4: Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (+1) (19 weeks) [peak: 3]

3: David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I’m Good (Blue) (+1) (18 weeks) [peak: 2]

2: Lil Nas X - STAR WALKIN' (=) (17 weeks) [peak: 2]

1: Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (=) (13 weeks) [peak: 1 (10 weeks)]

Debuts:

Coi Leray is back on the countdown with the remix of Players. This has grown a lot on me over the past few weeks. This is insanely fun and catchy.

Sam Smith has a second song on the countdown with Gimme. This song has also grown on me a lot. This is super fun. My only complaint is Jessie Reyez saying "gimme" 28 times can get kinda annoying.

Mimi Webb is back on the countdown Red Flags. I loved House On Fire, and I love this one too. This is just super fun and catchy and Mimi has an incredible voice.

Miley Cyrus is back after 2 years with Flowers. I am in love with this song. This is insanely catchy and I love Miley's voice. This samples When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. Hopefully this song can do well.

This last song has been in the abyss for over 4 months and I hope it wouldn't debut, but it finally has. It's The Weeknd with Die For You. I liked this 4 months ago, but now it kinda sucks. This song was actually released in 2016, because we didn't have enough old songs on the radio. Die For You is decent but it's kinda boring. But at least this finally debuted after being in the abyss for months.


Countdown Extra: Gracie Abrams - Where do we go now?

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie between SZA - Nobody Gets Me and Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (+7) 

Biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: AJR - World’s Smallest Violin (-11) 

Last year's #1 song: Ed Sheeran - Shivers (14/14 long weeks at #1)

Favorite song last year: Jax - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Least favorite song last year: Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

Most missed song: Good Charlotte - I Don't Wanna Be In Love (2007)

Recommendation for Hits 1: lovelytheband - sail away


Hitbound:

Gracie Abrams - Where do we go now? {2} (SOTW)

The Kid LAROI - I Can't Go Back To The Way It Was (Intro) (Debut)

Måneskin/Tom Morello - Gossip {2}

Kim Petras - Brrr (Debut)

Sam Smith/Koffee/Jessie Reyez - Gimme {2} (SB)

Jordi - Hate You {8}

Miley Cyrus - Flowers {2}

The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (Debut)

Diplo/Kodak Black/Koe Wetzel - Wasted {2}

All Time Low - Tell Me I'm Alive (Debut)

McKenna Grace - Ugly Crier (Debut)

Coi Leray - Players (DJ Smallz 732 Jersey Club Remix) {3} (SB)

Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side (Debut)

PinkPantheress - Boy's a liar {2}

Casey Bishop - Blurry Vision (Debut)

Lonnie - One Night Stand {2}

The Kid LAROI is back...with an intro song??? Um Hits 1, why are we picking up on intro songs now? This song is barely a minute and a half long - it's even shorter than Jiggle Jiggle! This song is pretty good and I can't wait for the actual song to release.

Kim Petras is back with Brrr. I did not like If Jesus Was A Rockstar so I wasn't thrilled she was back. But I was pleasantly surprised, this is actually really good. The production is super cool and I like all the different sound effects.

The 1975, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. They're back with I'm In Love With You. They were last seen on Hits 1 in 2016 with The Sound, which I really liked. This isn't as good as The Sound, but I still enjoy it. This is a fun little catchy song.

All Time Low is back with Tell Me I'm Alive. Sleepwalking was a banger, and so is this. This is insanely fun and I love that drum solo at the end.

We have two randoms making their Hits 1 debut. First up is McKenna Grace, who was on the new Ghostbusters movie, with Ugly Crier. This song is actually a banger. The pop punk production is really cool and I love McKenna's voice.

The second random is Casey Bishop, who was on American Idol, with Blurry Vision. This song is fine. It's pretty catchy but not really that interesting.

Now the moment you've all been waiting for. Fall Out Boy is finally back after 3 years with Love From The Other Side. And holy crap this is a banger. This just blows me away. This is probably the best song I've heard in a while. The production is insanely cool and catchy, and Patrick Stump sounds incredible as always. I love that FOB is going back to their roots with this song, this sounds like it came straight out of 2005. And they're also releasing a new album soon. Please Hits 1, let this song do well.


Exits:

Tiësto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (2nd time) {4}

Ava Max - Weapons {10}

Regard/Drop G - No Love For You {11}

Owl City - Kelly Time {1}

P!nk - Never Gonna Not Dance Again (2nd time) {3}

Loud Luxury/KIDDO - These Nights (2nd time) {6}

10:35, Weapons, and Never Gonna Not Dance Again were on the survey so they enter the abyss. Kelly Time was amazing and deserved more than one week. No Love For You and These Nights were also great.


Abyss:

Havanna Winter - Hollywood Forever

Jung Kook/BTS/Fifa Sound - Dreamers

Black Eyed Peas/Anitta/El Elfa - Simply The Best

Avery Anna - Narcissist

Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather

Rihanna - Lift Me Up

Panic! At The Disco - House Of Memories

Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

Måneskin - THE LONELIEST

Leah Kate - My Bed

Stephen Sanchez/Em Beihold - Until I Found You (Remix)

Tiësto/Tate McRae - 10:35

Ava Max - Weapons 

P!nk - Never Gonna Not Dance Again 


I can buy myself blurbs:

We lost I Ain't Worried, I Like You, It's Been So Long, My Mind & Me, and Super Freaky Girl. Good riddance to I Like You and Super Freaky Girl, they lasted way too long and won't be missed. I Ain't Worried was good but also lasted too long. My Mind & Me was decent. And It's Been So Long was amazing but was starting to fade on me a bit.

This is the first time since I started blogging that there's no songs on the countdown that I hate, no there will be no orange song.

Sex, Drugs, Etc made a nice +5 jump.

Can the 2 SZA songs please stop jumping?

Eyes On You made a nice jump to #8. Can this please hit #1 instead of Anti Hero?

Enough made a surprising jump to #6. I wouldn't be mad if this hit #1.

Can Forget Me please leave the top 5?

With Made You Look jumping to #1 in airplay and Anti Hero being off the survey, I thought the former could reach #1 this week, but instead it fell and the latter is still #1. Anti Hero is a good song but there's other songs that deserve #1 more, like Star Walkin' and I'm Good. Anti Hero better not break Shivers' #1 record.

That's all for now, see you all next week!

4 comments:

  1. When does part 2 of the Hit-Bound Dropouts Rankdown open

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Daniel said he wanted to start it in March, but I'm not sure. But don't worry I'll let everyone know when we start it.

      Delete
  2. New on Hits 1:
    Alright - Charlotte Sands
    Made You Look (Remix) - Meghan Trainor, Kim Petras
    Love Again - The Kid LAROI
    Been Thinking - Tyla
    I'm Not Here To Make Friends - Sam Smith, Calvin Harris, Jessie Reyez

    ReplyDelete

Hozier (1) - Week of May 11, 2024

Hey guys, one quick announcement. Big2000 on Discord extended the 2022 small hits rankdown again to May 14, so there's still some more t...