Thursday, March 28, 2024

My Top 10 Best/Worst Songs of 2023

 

Well, better late than never. Let's take a look at my favorite and least favorite songs of 2023. And spoiler alert, one artist appears in both my best and worst list. Let's get started with my top 10 worst songs.


My Top 10 Worst Songs


10: Olivia Rodrigo - vampire


She's called Olivia Midrigo for a reason. Her whiny voice and the horrible production make this a terrible song. 


9: SZA - Snooze

The song that refused to snooze off the countdown. This is so incredibly boring and stuck around way too long.

8: Dominic Fike - Mama's Boy


Um, what the actual heck is this song? Dominic sounds very weird and the production is trash and super weird.


7: Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best

The production is super boring and Lewis sounds like a broken pencil sharpener.

6: Toosii - Favorite Song

Least favorite song would have been a more fitting title for this abomination.


5: JVKE - golden hour


This was way too weird and stuck around way too long.

4: JVKE - this is what heartbreak feels like


If you listen closely, you can hear JVKE screaming. That's right, S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G!!!

3: Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed


This song was so annoying, every time I turned on Hits 1 I could not escape this song.


2: Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For?

This was insanely boring. The production was non-existence and Billie sounded terrible


You already know what my #1 worst song is...


1: Amelia Moore/jxdn - FUMD


Where do I even begin with this trainwreck of a song. The production is terrible and super ear-rapey. And Amelia and jxdn both have a really bad filters on their voices. Easily one of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life, if not the worst. Good riddance to Hits 1 for putting this in hitbound.



Let's take a look at my top 10 songs


My Top 10 Best Songs



10: Olivia Rodrigo - bad idea right?

Well, would you look at that? Olivia had one of my worst songs of the year and one of my favorite. Olivia is really hit or miss. She either has amazing songs like drivers license, good 4 u, and this one. Or she makes terrible ones like deja vu, traitor, and vampire. As for bad idea right, this is such a banger. The pop punk production is amazing and super catchy and Olivia sounds great.


9: K.Flay - It's Been So Long

I've actually known about K.Flay for a while now, since 2016 when she released the banger Blood In The Cut. So I was happy when Hits 1 picked up on It's Been So Long and made her a one-to-watch. The production on this song is super cool. It's like a rap pop dance alt song, and the blending of all those genres actually works really well. 


8: Joji - Die For You

I hated Glimpse of Us when it came out and I hated this song too when it entered hitbound. It spent 10 weeks as my orange hitbound song. Then something finally clicked and I realized how amazing this song was. The production is a bit slow but it's still super cool and catchy and Joji sounds great.


7: Patrick Martin - Dandelion Eyes

This took several weeks in hitbound to grow on me. And it grew on me hard. The production is insanely catchy and Patrick sounds amazing. Apparently this randomly re-entered hitbound 6 months later but unfortunately it never debuted 😢


6: Knox - Not The 1975

I accidently discovered this song like 3 months before Hits 1 did. It actually spent a couple weeks at #1 before it ever entered hitbound. So I was very happy when Hits 1 picked up on this and it entered the countdown. The production is super fun and I love the references to various The 1975 songs.


5: Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

Fall Out Boy's big comeback song after 3 years. And they did not disappoint. The production is amazing and Patrick Stump sounds great as always.


4: Crash Adams - Give Me a Kiss

It's really neat that Hits 1 picks up on these random artists that aren't popular, otherwise I never would have discovered how amazing Crash Adams is. Give Me a Kiss is super fun and I'm glad this was able to reach #1 on the countdown.


3: P!nk - Never Gonna Not Dance Again

Ah yes, everyone's favorite soccer mom song. But soccer mom songs can be amazing sometimes. The production is super fun and catchy and P!nk sounds amazing as always.



2: Post Malone - Chemical

This is just insanely catchy and Post sounds great.



And my favorite song of 2023 is...




1: Fall Out Boy - What a Time To Be Alive

Yet another banger from Fall Out Boy. The production is simply incredible and Patrick Stump sounds amazing. It's a shame that this never became a hit.


That's all for now, see you all next time!

8 comments:

  1. Good, so I'm not the only one who's late to post their best/worst lists of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Vampire seriously dropped that much for you?

      Delete
  2. Well, Blame Brett On Hitbound In 2 Weeks After American Top 40 They Debut Blame Brett In 5 Weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed Jumps 43 Spots To #2 This Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Obsessed will jump 43 spots even though the countdown is only 30 songs.

      Delete
    2. Houdini jumps 43 spots to number -42 this week!

      Delete

Sabrina Carpenter (1) - Week of Sep 14, 2024

Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:  Paul Russell/Meghan Trainor - Slippin&...