Saturday, November 5, 2022

Lizzo (3) - Week Of Nov 5, 2022

 


Hey guys, what's up? This was an okay week. One of the worst songs I've ever heard finally left, but one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard is still #1!

Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:
Wrapped Around Your Finger - Post Malone (#22) (3 weeks) [peak: 22]
Don’t Let The Light Go Out - Panic! At The Disco (#14) (10 weeks) [peak: 9]
Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All) - Omar Apollo (#30) (3 weeks) [peak: 30]

Last week's #1: 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo (2 weeks at #1)

30: BILLIE EILISH. - Armani White (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 30]
29: Made You Look - Meghan Trainor (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 29]
28: Calm Down (Remix) - REMA/Selena Gomez (-5) (9 weeks) [peak: 23]
27: So Good - Halsey (-6) (21 weeks) [peak: 7]
26: Enough - charlieonnafriday (+2) (2 weeks) [peak: 26]
25: Lift Me Up - Rihanna (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 25]
24: Late Night Talking - Harry Styles (+5) (23 weeks) [peak: 1 (5 weeks)]
23: SNAP - Rosa Linn (+4) (6 weeks) [peak: 21]
22: Vegas - Doja Cat (-3) (15 weeks) [peak: 10]
21: Until I Found You - Stephen Sanchez (+4) (17 weeks) [peak: 11]
20: Numb - Marshmello/Khalid (-5) (21 weeks) [peak: 3]
19: Sleepwalking - All Time Low (+1) (4 weeks) [peak: 19]
18: CUFF IT - Beyoncé (+8) (3 weeks) [peak: 18]
17: Anti-Hero - Taylor Swift (+7) (2 weeks) [peak: 17]
16: Super Freaky Girl - Nicki Minaj (+1) (12 weeks) [peak: 14]
15: golden hour - JVKE (+3) (7 weeks) [peak: 15]
14: I Like You (A Happier Song) - Post Malone/Doja Cat (-1) (22 weeks) [peak: 4]
13: Left And Right - Charlie Puth/Jungkook (-6) (19 weeks) [peak: 1 (4 weeks)]
12: Bad Habit - Steve Lacy (+4) (13 weeks) [peak: 12]
11: World’s Smallest Violin - AJR (+1) (10 weeks) [peak: 11]
10: Hold Me Closer - Elton John/Britney Spears (+1) (10 weeks) [peak: 6]
9: Forget Me - Lewis Capaldi (+1) (7 weeks) [peak: 7]
8: Unholy - Sam Smith/Kim Petras (+1) (5 weeks) [peak: 8]
7: I Ain't Worried - OneRepublic (-2) (14 weeks) [peak: 2]
6: STAR WALKIN' - Lil Nas X (+2) (6 weeks) [peak: 6]
5: Million Dollar Baby - Ava Max (+1) (7 weeks) [peak: 5]
4: Victoria's Secret - Jax (=) (13 weeks) [peak: 4]
3: I’m Good (Blue) - David Guetta/Bebe Rexha (=) (7 weeks) [peak: 3]
2: Music For A Sushi Restaurant - Harry Styles (=) (13 weeks) [peak: 2]
1: 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo (=) (14 weeks) [peak: 1 (3 weeks)]

Countdown Extra: Before You  - Benson Boone

Biggest Jump Of The Week: CUFF IT - Beyoncé (+8) 

Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Tie between So Good - Halsey and Left And Right - Charlie Puth/Jungkook (-6) 

Last year's #1 song: Shivers - Ed Sheeran (3/14 long weeks at #1)

Favorite song last year: Hurricane - Cheat Codes/Grey/Tyson Ritter

Least favorite song last year: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug

Most missed song: First Night of My Life - Lucas Prata/Lenny B (2012)

Recommendation for Hits 1: Never Let You Go - Jason Derulo/Shouse


5 oldest songs:

5: Left And Right - Charlie Puth/Jungkook (19 weeks)

4: So Good - Halsey (21 weeks)

3: Numb - Marshmello/Khalid (21 weeks)

2: I Like You (A Happier Song) - Post Malone/Doja Cat (22 weeks)

1: Late Night Talking - Harry Styles (23 weeks)


Debuts:

Rihanna makes her first appearance on Hits 1 in 5 years since Wild Thoughts in 2017, with Lift Me Up. This song has grown on me a little since last week, but I'm still not a big of it. The production is just way too slow, the only thing that saves it is Rihanna's amazing voice.

Meghan Trainer's back after 3 years with Made You Look. It's pretty fun and upbeat, like her earlier songs like All About That Bass. This song has grown a little on me this past week, but something tells me this song's gonna get really annoying really quickly.

After being in the abyss for weeks, BILLIE EILISH by Armani White finally debuts. It's slightly faded on me, but I still love it, and it's easily the best song on the countdown. This song just slaps so hard. I just wish it was longer, it's barely a minute and a half long.


Hitbound:

Hollywood Forever - Havanna Winter (Debut)

Never Gonna Not Dance Again - P!nk (Debut)

I Remember - Cheat Codes/Russell Dickerson 

if you ask me to - charli d'amelio 

10:35 - Tiesto/Tate McRae (Debut)

Narcissist - Avery Anna

Made You Look - Meghan Trainor (Sunday Best)

I'm A Mess - Avril Lavigne/Yungblud (Debut)

No Love For You - Regard/Drop G (Debut)

My Mind & Me - Selena Gomez (Debut)

Before You  - Benson Boone

Common - Quinn XCII/Big Sean

Nonsense - Sabrina Carpenter

Die For You - Joji (Debut)

Rock And A Hard Place - Bailey Zimmerman (Debut)

Remember - Becky Hill/David Guetta

Ewwww, I don't think anyone asked for more Joji. He's back with Die For You. Yeah, this song really sucks, maybe even more than Glimpse Of Us. It's insanely boring, and the song does not evolve whatsoever, and Joji sounds terrible. This better not become a hit.

P!nk's back on Hits 1 after 3 years after Walk Me Home in 2019, with Never Gonna Not Dance Again. This song is insanely fun and P!nk sounds great. Hopefully this can become a hit.

Bruh, Hits 1, can you stop trying to make Havanna Winter a thing? She's back with Hollywood Forever. This is way better than rain rain go away and Heaven to Me. The production's pretty upbeat and Havanna sounds decent.

Tiesto and Tate McRae team up for 10:35. I am in love with this song. It reminds me a lot of The Motto from earlier this year. The production from Tiesto is really cool and Tate sounds great.

Avril Lavigne's back along with Yungblud, with I'm A Mess. This one's pretty good. It's a really good ballad from Avril, it reminds me a lot of her other ballads in the 2000s, Complicated and My Happy Ending. Avril and Yungblud both sound great, and I really like the pop punk production. I wouldn't mind if this became a hit.

Selena Gomez is finally back with her first solo song in 2 years, with My Mind & Me. I'm not really a big fan of this. The production is extremely slow and doesn't evolve that much. Selena sounds decent but is oversinging in some parts.

Regard is back with No Love For You. This is a really cool EDM song. I really like Regard's production and the drop is really cool. Also, this song sounds almost exactly the same as The Business from last year.

Last is country singer Bailey Zimmerman making his first appearance on Hits 1 with Rock And A Hard Place. This is a pretty good country song, but I'm not sure why Hits 1 picked up on it.


Exits:

Bad Idea - Dove Cameron

dumb dumb - mazie

LOVE ABOUT IT - Waterparks/blackbear

Heaven to Me - Havanna Winter

SIMPLY THE BEST - Black Eyed Peas/Anitta/El Alfa

100 degrees - kenzie 

WDIA (Would Do It Again) - Rosa Linn/Duncan Laurence 

C'mon, Hits 1, Simply The Best deserved more than 1 week in hitbound! The rest I don't really care about.


Abyss:

Unstoppable - Sia 

Die For You - The Weeknd 

Power (Remember Who You Are) - SPINALL/Summer Walker/DJ Snake/Äyanna 

Jimmy Cooks - Drake/21 Savage

fmk - GAYLE/blackbear 

uh oh - Tate McRae

Sweater Weather - Neighbourhood 

Sweater Weather isn't technically in the abyss, but it is getting a significant amount of airplay, and I love it, so I'm counting it.


Made you blurb:

We lost Wrapped Around Your Finger (for a second time), Don’t Let The Light Go Out, and Evergreen. Good riddance, Evergreen is finally gone. Don’t Let The Light Go Out really sucked so I'm glad it's gone. And I'm not sure why Wrapped Around Your Finger left as it was still getting a lot of airplay.

Okay, why did Hate Night Toppling jump 5 spots?

Calm Down has been here for almost 10 weeks and hasn't gotten higher than #23.

I would really like for I’m Good to hit #1 instead of 🍣.

And Lizzo is annoyingly still at #1. This song really needs to leave #1 (and the countdown) soon before I hate it. 

That's all for now, see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hozier (1) - Week of May 11, 2024

Hey guys, one quick announcement. Big2000 on Discord extended the 2022 small hits rankdown again to May 14, so there's still some more t...