Saturday, November 12, 2022

Sam Smith/Kim Petras (1) - Week Of Nov 12, 2022

 


Hey guys, what's up? Wow, what a shocking week! I was not expecting this song to jump to #1 this week at all, but I'll talk more about that in the blurbs.

Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:

Sleepwalking - All Time Low (#19) (4 weeks) [peak: 19]

Vegas - Doja Cat (#22) (15 weeks) [peak: 10]


Last week's #1: 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo (3 weeks at #1)

30: I'm A Mess - Avril Lavigne/Yungblud (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 30]

29: BILLIE EILISH. - Armani White (+1) (2 weeks) [peak: 29]

28: My Mind & Me - Selena Gomez (Debut) (1 week) [peak: 28]

27: Made You Look - Meghan Trainor (+2) (2 weeks) [peak: 27]

26: Lift Me Up - Rihanna (-1) (2 weeks) [peak: 25]

25: Late Night Talking - Harry Styles (-1) (24 weeks) [peak: 1 (5 weeks)]

24: CUFF IT - Beyoncé (-6) (4 weeks) [peak: 18]

23: So Good - Halsey (+4) (22 weeks) [peak: 7]

22: Calm Down (Remix) - REMA/Selena Gomez (+6) (10 weeks) [peak: 22]

21: SNAP - Rosa Linn (+2) (7 weeks) [peak: 21]

20: Enough - charlieonnafriday (+6) (3 weeks) [peak: 20]

19: Hold Me Closer - Elton John/Britney Spears (-9) (11 weeks) [peak: 6]

18: Numb - Marshmello/Khalid (+2) (22 weeks) [peak: 3]

17: Until I Found You - Stephen Sanchez (+4) (18 weeks) [peak: 11]

16: Super Freaky Girl - Nicki Minaj (=) (13 weeks) [peak: 14]

15: golden hour - JVKE (=) (8 weeks) [peak: 15]

14: I Like You (A Happier Song) - Post Malone/Doja Cat (=) (23 weeks) [peak: 4]

13: Left And Right - Charlie Puth/Jungkook (=) (20 weeks) [peak: 1 (4 weeks)]

12: Bad Habit - Steve Lacy (=) (14 weeks) [peak: 12]

11: World’s Smallest Violin - AJR (=) (11 weeks) [peak: 11]

10: STAR WALKIN' - Lil Nas X (-4) (7 weeks) [peak: 6]

9: Forget Me - Lewis Capaldi (=) (9 weeks) [peak: 7]

8: Million Dollar Baby - Ava Max (-3) (8 weeks) [peak: 5]

7: I Ain't Worried - OneRepublic (=) (15 weeks) [peak: 2]

6: 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) - Lizzo (-5) (15 weeks) [peak: 1 (3 weeks)]

5: Music For A Sushi Restaurant - Harry Styles (-3) (14 weeks) [peak: 2]

4: Anti-Hero - Taylor Swift (+13) (3 weeks) [peak: 4]

3: I’m Good (Blue) - David Guetta/Bebe Rexha (=) (8 weeks) [peak: 3]

2: Victoria's Secret - Jax (+2) (14 weeks) [peak: 2]

1: Unholy - Sam Smith/Kim Petras (+7) (6 weeks) [peak: 1 (1 week)]


Countdown Extra: Die For You - Joji 

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Anti-Hero - Taylor Swift (+13)

Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Hold Me Closer - Elton John/Britney Spears (-9)

Last year's #1 song: Shivers - Ed Sheeran (4/14 long weeks at #1)

Favorite song last year: Let's go to Hell - Tai Verdes

Least favorite song last year: Way 2 Sexy - Drake/Future/Young Thug

Most missed song: Small Bump - Ed Sheeran (2011)

Recommendation for Hits 1: Damn (You've Got Me Saying) - Galantis/David Guetta/MNEK


5 oldest songs:

5: Left And Right - Charlie Puth/Jungkook (20 weeks)

4: So Good - Halsey (22 weeks)

3: Numb - Marshmello/Khalid (22 weeks)

2: I Like You (A Happier Song) - Post Malone/Doja Cat (23 weeks)

1: Late Night Talking - Harry Styles (24 weeks)


Debuts:

Avril Lavigne's back along with Yungblud with I'm A Mess. This song has grown a lot on me since it entered hitbound last week. The production starts out slow but builds nicely and gets really cool towards the end. And Avril and Yungblud both sound great.

Selena Gomez has a second song on the countdown with My Mind & Me. This song has grown a little on me after hearing it on Hits 1 a few times. The production is kinda boring but does get more interesting towards the end, and Selena sounds really great here.



Hitbound:

Die For You - Joji {2}

Weapons - Ava Max (Debut)

Rock And A Hard Place - Bailey Zimmerman {2}

Born Again - Rihanna (Debut)

Made You Look - Meghan Trainor (Sunday Best...again for a second week)

if you ask me to - charli d'amelio {3}

Silver Tongues - Louis Tomlinson (Debut)

I'm A Mess - Avril Lavigne/Yungblud (Sunday Best)

Remember - Becky Hill/David Guetta {3}

Before You - Benson Boone {3}

Narcissist - Avery Anna {4}

10:35  - Tiesto/Tate McRae {2}

Nonsense - Sabrina Carpenter {4}

Hollywood Forever - Havanna Winter {2}

No Love For You - Regard/Drop G {2}

Never Gonna Not Dance Again - P!nk {2}


Ava Max is back with Weapons. This is easily her best song so far this year. The production is super fun and catchy, and Ava sounds amazing.

Rihanna's back...with another ballad! C'mon Rihanna, you can do better than this! Born Again is slightly better than Lift Me Up, but it's still not great. The production is just too slow and boring. And what is up with the outro, it's super weird and out of place.

Louis Tomlinson is back after the failure of Bigger Than Me with Silver Tongues. He released a song a month ago Out Of My System which I loved, and I'm kinda surprised Hits 1 didn't pick up on it. Silver Tongues is such a bop. It reminds me of indie pop songs from the 2010s. The production is super fun and upbeat and Louis sounds great.


Exits:

I Remember - Cheat Codes/Russell Dickerson {12}

Common - Quinn XCII/Big Sean {8}

I Remember spent way too long in hitbound. And Common wasn't that great. 


Abyss:

Unstoppable - Sia 

Die For You - The Weeknd 

Power (Remember Who You Are) - SPINALL/Summer Walker/DJ Snake/Äyanna 

Jimmy Cooks - Drake/21 Savage

fmk - GAYLE/blackbear 

uh oh - Tate McRae

Lavender Haze - Taylor Swift

Sweater Weather - Neighbourhood

Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All) - Omar Apollo 


My blurbs & me:

This week we lost Sleepwalking and Vegas. Sleepwalking was great and I'm not sure why it only lasted 4 weeks. And Vegas was here way too long so I'm glad it's finally gone.

Ok, I tried really hard to like Lift Me Up. I listened to it a bunch of times hoping it would grow on me, but it's just gotten worse. This song is just so incredibly boring, I can barely even listen to it, so it's now my least favorite song on the countdown. This song might even be worse than Glimpse Of Us. What happened Rihanna? You made some incredible songs in the 2000s and 2010s, what are you doing making these garbage ballads?

Why did So Boring just jump 4 spots? And why is Hate Night Toppling still here?

Music For A Sushi Restaurant dropped to #5. Good, go away Harry The Clown!!!

Anti Hero made a huge jump into the top 5, while Victoria's Secret jumped to #2. I really hope Victoria's Secret can get #1 next week, but Taylor or Sam will probably end up blocking it.

I'm Good didn't end up hitting #1 this week, which I'm sad about, and with the other songs that entered the top 5, I doubt it will.

To my utter amazement, Unholy jumped 7 spots to #1. I was totally not expecting this. I was convinced either I'm Good or Sushi Restaurant would be #1 this week. But I'm kinda glad Unholy was #1 this week instead. Unholy grew on me a lot this week, and it's now back as my favorite song on the countdown. It just slaps so hard, and the baseline is just really cool. Sam Smith can make some really cool songs when they're not boring. Speaking of Sam, this is their first #1 on the countdown since Stay With Me in 2014, and Kim Petras' first. 

That's all for now, see you all next week!

3 comments:

Sabrina Carpenter (1) - Week of Sep 14, 2024

Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:  Paul Russell/Meghan Trainor - Slippin&...