Hey guys! After having a super active countdown last week, we still had a fairly active countdown this week. Let's get right into it!
Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown:
- Audrey Hobert - Sue me [#19; 2nd time] {22w} PK: 14
- Myles Smith - Heaven [#20] {7w} PK: 18
Last week's #1 song: Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM [4 weeks at #1]
30. KAROL G/Bruno Mars - Still [Debut] {1w} PK: 30
29. KATSEYE - Animal [=] {3w} PK: 28
28. Alyssa Grace - bloodstream [+2] {5w} PK: 24
27. Tame Impala - Loser [Debut] {1w} PK: 27
26. Bella Kay - iloveitiloveitiloveit [-3] {21w} PK: 22
25. Slayyyter - DANCE... [-10] {6w} PK: 15
24. Noah Kahan - Orbiter [+4] {4w} PK: 24
23. Olivia Dean - A Couple Minutes [+2] {10w} PK: 21
22. Morgan Wallen - Been By Now [+4] {2w} PK: 22
21. Ariana Grande - petal [+6] {2w} PK: 21
20. Malcolm Todd - Earrings [+4] {12w} PK: 19
19. The Beaches - Edge of the Earth [-3] {8w} PK: 16
18. SIENNA SPIRO - Material Lover [+3] {6w} PK: 18
17. Dominic Fike - Babydoll [+5] {21w} PK: 17
16. Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [+2] {2w} PK: 16
15. Benson Boone - The Time Of My Life [-1] {7w} PK: 14
14. Gracie Abrams - Hit the Wall [-1] {13w} PK: 13
13. Niall Horan - Tastes So Good [-3] {10w} PK: 10
12. Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour [-4] {7w} PK: 8
11. STELLA LEFTY - Boston [=] {16w} PK: 13
10. Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [+7] {8w} PK: 10
9. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [=] {12w} PK: 9
8. Alex Warren - PASSENGER [+4] {2w} PK: 8
7. Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [-1] {10w} PK: 3
6. sombr - My Body Isn't Ready [+1] {7w} PK: 6
5. Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [-1] {11w} PK: 4
4. Tame Impala/JENNIE - Dracula (Remix) [-1] {31w} PK: 3
3. Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All [+2] {14w} PK: 2
2. Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead [=] {17w} [6 weeks at #1]
1. Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM [=] {24w} [5 weeks at #1]
Debuts:
KAROL G has her first ever song on the countdown as a main artist, but not her first appearance on the countdown, because she was featured on the Jonas Brothers' X back in 2020, if you remembered that song existed, which I almost forgot about. She collabs with Bruno Mars on her first ever English song called Still. This song is just decent. It's a decent ballad, but it's very underwhelming, and just feels like a worse Die With A Smile Clone. At least KAROL G and Bruno sound good together. I could see this song doing quite well. I'm not sure #1-well, but who knows.
Tame Impala finally has his long-awaited followup to Dracula called Loser. This song is really fun. It has some cool alternative synth pop vibes, and singer Kevin Parker sounds great as always. I don't see this song being as big as Dracula, but I guess we'll see.
Countdown Extra: STELLA LEFTY - Lean In, Kiss Me
Biggest Jump Of The Week: Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [+7]
Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Slayyyter - DANCE... [-10]
Last year's #1 song: sombr - undressed (1/8 weeks at #1)
Favorite song last year: Disco Lines/Tinashe - No Broke Boys
Least favorite song last year: Jessie Murph - Blue Strips
Most missed song: BTS/Lauv - Make It Right (2019)
Recommendation for Hits 1: The Paradox - I Kinda Like That
5 Oldest Songs
- Tame Impala/JENNIE - Dracula (Remix) {31w}
- Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM {24w}
- Tie between Bella Kay - iloveitiloveitiloveit and Dominic Fike - Babydoll {21w}
- Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead {17w}
- STELLA LEFTY - Boston {16w}
Hitbound
SIENNA SPIRO - Pure [4]
KATSEYE - Hootie Frutti [Debut]
Knox - 4.3 Forty [2]
Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [3]
STELLA LEFTY - Lean In, Kiss Me [2]
MEEK - Fabulous [5]
Alex Warren - RESCUER [2]
Steve Lacy - oh yeah? [Debut]
Charli XCX - Camera [4]
ROLE MODEL - Harmony [Debut]
Tyla - THAT GIRL [4]
UPSAHL - I LIKE IT! [2]
Robyn/Zara Larsson - Talk To Me, Zara [3]
ADÉLA - Ain't In LA [2]
Bella Kay - i deserve better. [5]
BUNT./Lauren Spencer Smith - Stay [3]
KATSEYE have released a new EP called WILD, and we have a song from it called Hootie Frutti. This song kinda slaps. I think I might like this more than Animal. With Animal becoming popular, I don't see Hootie Frutti also becoming a hit, but I guess we'll find out.
It's been 4 years since we've seen Steve Lacy on Hits 1 with Bad Habit. Bad Habit was very annoying, and oh yeah doesn't sound that much better. This just seems very weird and boring, and Steve Lacy doesn't sound that great here. Let's not make this a hit, please.
Hits 1 finally picked up on a song from ROLE MODEL's new album Chuck Timely & The Hourglass. And of course they had to pick up on the most boring song from it Harmony. This song is decent, I guess. ROLE MODEL sounds good, but the production is way too basic. This feels more like department store music than something that should be played on pop radio.
Exits:
- Gracie Abrams/Audrey Hobert - Minibar [4]
Minibar finds itself in the abyss.
2026 total dropouts: 130
Estimated total for 2026: 183 (-3)
Abyss
Akon - RINGTONE [1] [New] um......
Gracie Abrams/Audrey Hobert - Minibar [1] [New]
Temper City - Self Aware [2]
DJ Goja/Jason Derulo/Melody - Mi Chico [2]
SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation [2]
BTS - NORMAL [3]
Gracie Abrams - Look at My Life [5]
Ella Langley - Be Her [11]
Lean In, Blurb Me:
We lost Sue me for a second time, and Heaven. Heaven was extremely mid and won't be missed. But I'm really sad Sue me left already. It was just starting to finally grow on me, but it did already spend 22 weeks on the countdown, so I'm fine with it.
Rest in piece to DANCE. It did not deserve to drop 10 spots.
It only took 3 months, but the cure has finally grown on me.
Nice to see Repeat It have a big jump into the top 10.
PASSENGER has grown on me a ton, and now becomes my purple song. Luckily this song didn't pull a TRUSTFALL.
So much for Dracula's chances of #1, but I'm still holding out hope.
Mr. Know It All has jumped back up to #3. Could this finally hit #1? I doubt it, but it would be nice to see.
FEVER DREAM took a huge tumble in airplay. In fact, it fell to second-to-last, only ahead of bloodstream. Okay then, how long is this gonna stay #1?
That's all for now, see you all next week!
This week's audio countdown and hitbound recording:
Last week's poll of the week results:
Best Debut?
- Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song: 61.11 % (11 votes)
- Ariana Grande - petal: 11.11 % (2 votes)
- Morgan Wallen - Been By Now: 11.11 % (2 votes)
- Alex Warren - PASSENGER: 11.11 % (2 votes)
- Olivia Dean - A Couple Minutes: 5.56 % (1 vote)
Poll of the week:
Wow Ethan! The countdown audio is now on blogspot. Would it ever expire?
ReplyDeleteI found a way to record the countdown, and I'll try to put the countdown recording on every post. It doesn't expire as far as I know, but I'll have to test it to find out.
DeleteFEVER DREAM with 118,551 points has passed:
ReplyDeleteEllie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do (118,109 points)
Olivia Rodrigo - get him back! (116,567 points)
Imagine Dragons/JID - Enemy (115,949 points)
P!nk/Nate Ruess - Just Give Me a Reason (115,676 points)
Katy Perry/Kanye West - E.T. (115,533 points)
Harry Styles - As It Was (115,444 points)
Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club (114,449 points)
Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (114,198 points)
Tiësto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (113,651 points)
Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (113,496 points)
drop dead with 113,120 points has passed:
ReplyDeleteSabrina Carpenter - Espresso (113,000 points)
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (112,863 points)
Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (112,760 points)
Zedd/Foxes - Clarity (112,457 points)
Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (112,436 points)
Camila Cabello - Havana (112,332 points)
Adele - Someone Like You (111,723 points)
Charlie Puth - How Long (109,661 points)
Dracula with 98,082 points has passed:
ReplyDeleteDua Lipa - Don't Start Now (97,171 points)
Paramore - Still Into You (97,039 points)
Marshmello/Jonas Brothers - Leave Before You Love Me (96,871 points)
Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (96,798 points)
Miley Cyrus - Flowers (96,679 points)
Lizzo - Truth Hurts (95,729 points)
Kesha - We R Who We R (95,619 points)
Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble. (94,727 points)
Alex Warren - Ordinary (94,425 points)
4 for 1! Babydoll with 43,567 points, iloveitiloveitiloveit with 41,342 points, I Knew It, I Knew You with 40,676 points, and Boston with 40,086 points have passed:
ReplyDeleteTaylor Swift - Mine (40,067 points)
Demi Lovato - Neon Lights (40,014 points)
Britney Spears - I Wanna Go (40,002 points)
Meghan Trainor - Me Too (39,986 points)
Kelly Clarkson - Mr. Know It All (39,984 points)
Bazzi - Mine (39,821 points)
Måneskin - Beggin' (39,713 points)
Steve Lacy - Bad Habit (39,686 points)
Ellie Goulding - Something In the Way You Move (39,555 points)
Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (39,353 points)