Saturday, August 29, 2026

Olivia Rodrigo (2) - Week of Aug 29, 2026

  


Hey guys! A few announcements. First, I have finally completed the 2020 Hits 1 Ultimate Rank. Which means I have completed all the yearly ultimate ranks. You can check that out here: https://zestpond.blogspot.com/p/2020-ultimate-rank.html

Another thing. The all-time ultimate rank is coming back soon. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. Be on the lookout for more reveals in the coming weeks.



Before we get to this week's fresh 30, let's say goodbye to the songs leaving the countdown: 

  • Noah Kahan - Orbiter [#23] {5w} PK: 23
  • Bella Kay - iloveitiloveitiloveit [#28] {22w} PK: 22


Last week's #1 song: Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [1 week at #1]

30. Charli XCX - Camera [Debut] {1w} PK: 30

29. Morgan Wallen - Been By Now [-2] {4w} PK: 22

28. KAROL G/Bruno Mars - Still [+2] {3w} PK: 28

27. Steve Lacy - oh yeah? [Debut] {1w} PK: 27

26. Ariana Grande - petal [=] {4w} PK: 21

25. Tame Impala - Loser [=] {3w} PK: 25

24. Slayyyter - DANCE... [=] {8w} PK: 15

23. Malcolm Todd - Earrings [-1] {14w} PK: 19

22. SIENNA SPIRO - Material Lover [-1] {8w} PK: 18

21. The Beaches - Edge of the Earth [-1] {10w} PK: 16

20. Audrey Hobert - Sue me [+9] {24w} PK: 14

19. Dominic Fike - Babydoll [=] {23w} PK: 17

18. Olivia Dean - A Couple Minutes [=] {12w} PK: 18

17. Benson Boone - The Time Of My Life [=] {9w} PK: 14

16. KATSEYE - Animal [=] {5w} PK: 16

15. Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [-4] {10w} PK: 10

14. Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [=] {4w} PK: 14

13. Niall Horan - Tastes So Good [+2] {12w} PK: 10

12. Gracie Abrams - Hit the Wall [=] {15w} PK: 12

11. Alex Warren - PASSENGER [+2] {4w} PK: 8

10. STELLA LEFTY - Boston [=] {18w} PK: 10

9. Tame Impala/JENNIE - Dracula (Remix) [=] {33w} PK: 3

8. Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead [-1] {19w} [6 weeks at #1]

7. sombr - My Body Isn't Ready [-1] {9w} PK: 6

6. Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [+2] {13w} PK: 4

5. Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM [-1] {26w} [5 weeks at #1]

4. Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour [-1] {9w} PK: 3

3. Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You [+2] {12w} PK: 3

2. Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All [=] {16w} PK: 2

1. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure [=] {14w} [2 weeks at #1]



Debuts:

After leaving hitbound and entering the abyss last week, Camera finally debuts. This song is pretty fun. But it's a bit on the repetitive side, and Charli isn't even singing at all, she's just talking heavily drowned in autotune. In any case, I still like this song, and hope it does well.

Ugh, I was really hoping this next song wouldn't become a hit, but unfortunately it looks like it has. Steve Lacy returns to the countdown after 4 years with oh yeah. I did not like Bad Habit, and this is somehow even worse. Bad Habit was annoying, but at least it was annoying in a funny way. oh yeah just plain sucks. The production is super weird and boring. And Steve has these weird vocal effects on his voice. Let's just hope this song doesn't last long.



Countdown Extra: KATSEYE - Hootie Frutti

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Audrey Hobert - Sue me [+9]

Biggest...DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Martin Garrix/Ed Sheeran - Repeat It [-4]

Last year's #1 song: sombr - undressed (3/8 weeks at #1)

Favorite song last year: sombr - 12 to 12

Least favorite song last year: Jessie Murph - Blue Strips

Most missed song: BLACKPINK/Selena Gomez - Ice Cream (2020)

Recommendation for Hits 1: Temper City - Reverse Psychology



5 Oldest Songs

  1. Tame Impala/JENNIE - Dracula (Remix) {33w}
  2. Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM {26w}
  3. Audrey Hobert - Sue me {24w}
  4. Dominic Fike - Babydoll {23w}
  5. Olivia Rodrigo - drop dead {19w}



Hitbound

Tyla - THAT GIRL [6]

Alex Warren - EMERALD EYES [Debut]

Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [5]

Ashe - Stop The Wedding! [Debut]

Lilyisthatyou - NOSTALGIA BABY [Debut]

ROLE MODEL - Harmony [3]

KATSEYE - Hootie Frutti [3]

Jonas Brothers - Listen When Sad [Debut]

UPSAHL - I LIKE IT! [4]

STELLA LEFTY - Summer You Were Mine [2]

ADÉLA - Ain't In LA [4]

Knox - 4.3 Forty [4]

Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy [Debut]

Lexi Jayde - misunderstood [2]

BUNT./Lauren Spencer Smith - Stay [5]

SIENNA SPIRO - Pure [6]


Alex Warren just released his new album WILDCHILD, and we have the next single from it EMERALD EYES. This is a fine choice for the next single, but I would have liked to see CRY WOLF instead. The production is pretty upbeat here and Alex sounds great as always, but this is a bit on the forgettable side. This could grow on me though.

I'm sorry, but who? Lilyisthatyou, real name Lily Davies, makes her Hits 1 debut with NOSTALGIA BABY. Apparently she's some Canadian TikToker who went viral in 2021 with FMRN. Other than that, I can't find out any information about her. She doesn't even have a Wikipedia article. This song is mid as hell. The trap production is super basic and Lily's voice is heavily drowned in autotune. Let's hope this doesn't become a hit.

Finally, it's about damn time Hits 1 picked up on this song. After recommending this a few weeks ago, Ashe finally debuts with Stop The Wedding. This is so much better than that weird David's Brother song from last year. The production is very beautiful and Ashe actually sounds good for once. It also has a really nice beat switch at the end. I would really like to see this become a hit.

Great just what we needed, more forgettable Jonas Brothers crap. They're back after a year's absence with Listen When Sad. This is way too mid. The rock production is upbeat and the brothers sound good as always, but this just feels super generic. Having to listen to Listen When Sad is gonna make me sad.

Ending hitbound, Olivia Rodrigo has released a single out of nowhere called serena joy even though she just released her album you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love. I don't know how to feel about this song yet. This song is just "weird", I don't know how to describe it. It sounds like some weird indie new wave rock song. This doesn't even sound like Olivia's usual songs at all. I feel like this song could grow on me. It's pretty upbeat and interesting, but it just hasn't "clicked" with me yet.



Exits:

  • Bella Kay - i deserve better. [6]
  • MEEK - Fabulous [6]
  • Alex Warren - RESCUER [3]
  • Robyn/Zara Larsson - Talk To Me, Zara [4]

Fabulous finds itself in the abyss. RESCUER and Talk To Me, Zara deserved better. And i deserve better did not deserve better.


2026 total dropouts: 135 

Estimated total for 2026: 180 (=)


Abyss

MEEK - Fabulous [1] [New]

Akon - RINGTONE [3]

Gracie Abrams/Audrey Hobert - Minibar [3]

Temper City - Self Aware [4]

DJ Goja/Jason Derulo/Melody - Mi Chico [3]

SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation [4]


Purged:

  • BTS - NORMAL [4]
  • Ella Langley - Be Her [12]


Blurb When Sad:

We lost iloveitiloveitiloveit and Orbiter. iloveitiloveitiloveit spent 22 weeks on the countdown and only peaked at #22, which is insane. And good riddance to Orbiter. It was way too boring to be anywhere near the radio. Goodbye, you will not be missed.

Time to address this post's thumbnail. We had yet another uneventful countdown this week. Only 2 songs jumped or dropped more than 2 spots. And a whopping 13 songs held their positions! I think this might be a record. The only other countdown I can remember off the top of my head that had a lot of songs hold positions was the Dec 11, 2021 countdown, and that had 10 songs hold positions.

Sue me jumped a whopping 9 spots. Hits 1 does not know what to do with this song. They let it jump 11 spots, then leave the countdown, then reenter the next week, then jump 9 spots. Like, just make up your mind already. 

I'm not really too thrilled that I Knew It, I Knew You jumped back up to #3. I really hope this doesn't go #1.

Is Mr. Know It All ever gonna go #1, or is it just gonna get blocked from #1 for 4 weeks by 2 Olivia Rodrigo songs?

Glad to see the cure stay at #1 this week, even though it took a huge dip in airplay. This is only the second time the #1 on Hits 1 was the same as the #1 on my personal charts. The last time being 3 years ago with Give Me A Kiss.

That's all for now, see you all next week!


This week's countdown and hitbound audio recording:






Last week's poll of the week results:

Best Top 5 Song?

  1. Olivia Rodrigo - the cure: 66.67 % (12 votes)
  2. Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour: 11.11 % (2 votes)
  3. Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You: 11.11 % (2 votes)
  4. Teddy Swims - Mr. Know It All: 5.56 % (1 vote)
  5. Alex Warren - FEVER DREAM: 5.56 % (1 vote)



Poll of the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment

My latest post

Olivia Rodrigo (2) - Week of Aug 29, 2026

   Hey guys! A few announcements. First, I have finally completed the 2020 Hits 1 Ultimate Rank. Which means I have completed all the yearly...